—- Safety Equipment:
- Life raft for offshore, 6 people
—- Electrical and electronics:
- Solar panels: we have two 350 W panels.
- We decided to change all the electronics for Garmin equipment, all NMEA 2000 standard. It took a while, especially for wiring, but all together, changing to the NMEA standard is a nice plug-and-play network.
- Chartplotter: Garmin Echomap Chirp 74 CV. We are very happy with this chartplotter. We did not want a touchscreen. This chartplotter is linked to our AIS system, and shows reliable charts. We also have wind and speed information on it.
- VHF: Garmin 110. Works well. Main drawback: there is no system to be able to have a remote microphone linked to it. As a result, we cannot have a VHF microphone in the cockpit.
- Wind: Garmin Wireless Wind pack. Signal from the sensor that is at the top of the mast isn’t received well on the instruments at the bottom of the mast…
- AIS: Garmin blackbox 600. This is a transmitter and receiver. We are happy about it.